In our previous entry, we talked about what cellulite is. We described it as fat deposits just below the surface of the skin leading to a dimpled appearance; it also has 3 different grades of severity. This week, Laser Lights Cosmetic Laser Center wants to discuss what are debated as the 5 leading factors causing cellulite.
• Hormonal Factors: it is likely hormones play a part in cellulite growth, with estrogen, insulin, thyroid hormones, prolactin, and noradrenaline as the leading culprits.
• Genetics: similar but completely different from your hormones are your genes; you may simply be genetically predisposed for cellulite production compared to your peers.
• Diet: an obvious one, but consuming too many fats, carbohydrates, or salt with little to no fiber may increase the occurrence of cellulite.
• Lifestyle: those who smoke, fail to exercise, or those who sit/stand for a long time in a single position all may be prone to cellulite.
• Clothing: it’s important to be comfortable, but underwear with tight elastic that limits the blood flow might be a contributing factor to cellulite formation and growth.
We hope these last few posts have been educational and beneficial for you! Should you like to try Viora Reaction™, call us today at 770-495-9322 to schedule an appointment.