Laser hair removal is one of our most popular procedures – and for good reason! Laser hair removal can give you smooth, hair free skin relieving you from the hassles of shaving, waxing, and messy bleaching creams. Once you have made the decision to undergo laser hair removal, you need to make sure that you are taking care of the treated area to optimize your results. Below are some basic, easy tips on how to take care of your skin after a laser hair removal treatment.
- Avoid irritating the treated area; that means no picking, scrubbing, or scratching!
- Avoid Shaving! Once the hair follicle is dead from laser treatments, you must allow the remaining hair to be naturally pushed out of the skin. So be patient, and let the hair fall out. Shaving could cause major irritation to the area.
- Laser Hair Removal can be a little uncomfortable, but any pain typically disappears within a few minutes after treatment. If you are experiencing prolonged discomfort, use a cold compress to sooth the area. If pain persists, contact you laser hair removal specialist.
- Avoid soaps and cleansers with fragrance, as it can irritate the skin. We recommend a mild soap that is fragrance free.
- Avoid the sun! You don’t want to future damage the skin, or aid in scarring, so you need to avoid sun exposure to a newly treated area. If being in the sun is unavoidable, try covering the area with clothing or use a high SPF sunscreen.
- Avoid strenuous exercise the day of the treatment – your sweat may irritate the hair follicles.
- After a few days after treatment, you can gently exfoliate the skin to aid the shedding of dead hair. Be careful not to scrub too hard and irritate the area.
- If you get hair removal of the armpit, avoid deodorant application for about 48 hours.
- If you experience any unusual pain or problems your laser hair removal specialist immediately!
Laser hair removal is a safe and effective process, but you must make sure that you do your part in safe aftercare of the area. And as always, make sure you visit qualified laser hair removal specialists, like the staff at Laser Lights, for all your hair removal needs!