Procedures to Fade Your Scars at Laser Lights
Scars are consistent physical reminders that can cause self-consciousness and embarrassment. At Laser Lights Cosmetic Laser Center, we want every patient to feel confident in their own skin, no matter their age. That’s why we perform various cosmetic treatments that can effectively fade the appearance of scarring.
The trouble with scar tissue
A scar is your body’s attempt at healing itself after physical damage, skin disease, acne, or surgery. Unfortunately, the way that healed tissue looks isn’t a bodily concern. Scar tissue can appear rough, sunken, uneven or raised compared to surrounding skin. Without cosmetic treatment, old scars can still be present for decades without showing significant signs of fading.
Cosmetic treatments at Laser Lights that fade scars
- SilkPeel® Rejuvenation is a multifaceted skin treatment that incorporates simultaneous exfoliation, debris removal and topical medication that is specifically designed for scars. It evenly abrades the surface layer of the skin to remove dead skin cells and administer a topical solution that improves complexion. Because it’s such a comprehensive treatment for scarring on the face or body, the results can be instant.
- Fractionated CO2 Laser Resurfacing can target the neck, chest, and hands of patients who have scarring to reduce visibility and produce more consistent skin. This cosmetic laser reaches deep into layers of the skin to fade pigmentation by using a series of tiny laser columns that stimulate the production of collagen to improve elasticity and appearance.
- Laser Lights offers multiple Chemical Peels that can soften and peel the top layer of skin, which will make scar tissue look less prominent. Our experienced estheticians can help match you with the best fit chemical peel based on your specific cosmetic needs.
- Réjuvapen® uses a micro-needling technique, which is essentially a series of tiny needles that are used to promote collagen and elastin growth. The treatment can make your scarring look smoother and less noticeable. For maximum results, a specially-formulated peptide gel can be placed on the treatment site.
- Croton Oil Peels is a specialized blend of croton oil and phenol that improves skin texture and consistency. It can also be used as an effective method for rejuvenating areas of scar tissue. This treatment works on any part of the face and is safe for all skin types.
We strongly recommend that you schedule an in-person consultation to determine which cosmetic treatment is the best fit for their scarring. Our skilled and experienced medical staff create personalized treatment for each patient to ensure that they receive the best possible results. If you have any questions about scar reduction, call our office at (770) 495-9322. Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for updates on our cosmetic specials and events!