Our weather has been acting like a yo-yo lately, but we’re finally seeing the temperatures climbing so it looks like summer is truly on its way. And as excited as we may be for all the summer fun heading our way, we’d be lying if we said we weren’t panicking a little about getting beach-ready. If you’re in the same boat, here are a few tips to help you tackle your self-consciousness so you can truly make the most out of your summer.
- Start early. It’s always tempting to say, “It won’t really be summer for another couple of months, so I don’t have to start thinking about my physique yet.” In reality, we all know that improving your look doesn’t happen overnight, especially for something like fat reduction. It all takes time, so whatever it is that bothers you cosmetically, start working on it now so that by the time you’re ready to break out that bathing suit, you can leave self-consciousness behind.
- Don’t sacrifice your health and your future for a “natural” tan. We know, you love that bronzed look you have after a day spent poolside. And there’s no doubt that you’ve already heard one warning after another about how sun exposure causes skin cancer, so we can hear the groaning already. But the other problem with sun exposure is that it can dramatically speed up the aging process, which is something no one wants. So here’s the good news: you can get that bronze glow you’re craving while keeping your skin safe. At Laser Lights Cosmetic Laser Center, our experienced and licensed aestheticians offer Eco Tan®, an airbrush tan that is customized to your desired results and is hand-sprayed for a more even and professional look. Plus, it’s entirely organic, so no worrying about dyes and chemicals.
- Identify your specific goals. Let’s be real, the majority of us would say we would like a better figure. But in terms of fine-tuning your physique, look a little closer instead. Do you actually need overall weight loss? Or is there a specific area you want to work on? Is your goal to reduce belly fat, or to tone your legs? Once you’ve identified your specific goals, you can focus your efforts more narrowly and effectively. And if it’s overall weight loss and better fitness that you’re looking for, our NESTA-certified weight management specialist can help you reach your goal weight.
- Think ahead about what other cosmetic issues may make you self-conscious. Feeling confident in shorts, tank tops, and bathing suits goes beyond your figure. It can be more than frustrating to spend weeks or months getting your legs into shape and then putting on that first pair of shorts only to see spider veins or sun spots that leave you grabbing for your jeans again. Whether it’s visible veins, unwanted hair, stretch marks, cellulite, spots, or an unwanted tattoo, schedule a free consultation at Laser Lights Cosmetic Laser Center so we can help you feel confident again.
- Check out what technology has to offer. Let’s take the common goal of slimming down as an example. Many people think their only options are to go on a diet (which may not be helpful if you have one specific “problem area” and don’t need overall weight loss) or to get surgical liposuction. But the medical field has made great strides in non-surgical methods for targeted fat reduction, like the latest technology called SculpSure®, which only requires a 25-minute session to reduce fat by up to 24% in the treatment area.
- Beware of the bloat. While you work on achieving long-term results, it’s also important to look at the short-term too, especially if there’s a specific event you want to look your best for. That’s why you should know how to avoid abdominal bloating, which can make you look bigger than you actually are. To keep bloating to a minimum, eat plenty of fiber, exercise regularly, avoid eating too quickly as well as chewing too much gum or drinking from a straw, and if you’re adding certain vegetables like Brussels sprouts, broccoli, and cauliflower to your diet, incorporate them slowly. All of these tips can cut down on the intestinal gases that create the bloated effect.
Everyone wants to feel confident in themselves, and for most of us, our physical appearance is a part of this. We want you to be able to spend your summer enjoying the outdoors, vacations, and good old Southern barbecues rather than shying away because you’re self-conscious about an aspect of your appearance. Give us a call to find out more about how we can help. Or, for more cosmetic tips as well as our current special offers, follow Laser Lights Cosmetic Laser Center on Twitter, Facebook, and Google+.