The freedom of not having to cake on makeup during the sultry months of summer is a beautiful thing. After all, who doesn’t long to just throw on a light layer of tinted moisturizer with sunscreen and go? However, bumps and acne that come from sweat, oil, and clogged pores is often the reality that comes along with this time of year. Instead of turning to harsh chemicals to treat your skin, check some natural ways to get your best skin for summertime.
- Have your antioxidant levels checked. By utilizing the Pharmanex Antioxidant Scanner, our highly-trained staff is able to recommend appropriate LifePak/G3 nutritional supplementation in efforts to positively impact health and anti-aging abilities. Antioxidants slow down the aging process, boost your immune system, speed recovery times, and decrease pain and inflammation.
- Try massage therapy. Stimulate your lymphatic system and reduce stress to increase your chances of soothing inflamed skin. Our licensed massage therapist specializes in therapeutic massage: combining Swedish, sports, deep tissue, and trigger point therapy.
- Take advantage of yummy summer foods. Berries are packed with antioxidants that can protect the skin and reduce sun damage. Citrus fruits have amino acids that contribute to collagen production. Lycopene in tomatoes does the same while fending you from fine lines and wrinkles. Dig in!
- Protect your skin. Never step out of the house without sunscreen. We offer great products that contain sunscreen along with flaw coverage, including glō minerals Protecting Powder, which features SPF 30 coverage to defend against the sun’s damaging rays.
- Stay hydrated. Drinking water consistently throughout the day won’t only make you feel better, but can also help clear your skin and increase a radiant, glowing look—not to be confused with the persistent layer of sweat that accompanies summer! Coconut water also supports more supple skin and contains potassium to help more effectively transport nutrients and oxygen to the skin by boosting circulation.
- Hit the gym or exercise outside. The increased circulation from working on your fitness can give your skin tone a boost, helping clear cell debris out of the system and cleaning from the inside out.
To make an appointment at Laser Lights Cosmetic Laser Center or learn more about even more ways to get better skin, please contact us today. Connect with Laser Lights on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+ for the latest anti-aging news and information.