How do I know which skin treatment is right for me?
Skin conditions, no matter what your age, are frustrating. Even more frustrating is pursuing a skin treatment for these issues only to have it exacerbate your symptoms, or cause another skin condition. Whether you’re battling active acne breakouts, wanting to eliminate acne scarring, trying to erase lines and wrinkles, or even removing facial hair; successful skin treatment starts with a thorough skin analysis and discussion with a licensed esthetician about your cosmetic concerns and overall treatment goals.
Believe it or not, there is often more to a skin condition than meets the eye. For example, dry skin may not just be tied to skin type, but also to the type of cleanser you’re using and the elements you’re exposed to. Our licensed estheticians will sit down with you before any laser treatment or facial treatment is performed to evaluate your concerns, and determine if the proposed procedure is really the most appropriate for your needs.
Every skin treatment center has a different consultation process, but it’s a good idea to consider the following questions to more easily communicate with your esthetician or laser technician.
- Besides “looking better”, can you pinpoint what you’d like to change about your skin (area, texture, color, etc.)?
- Is there any pain associated with your blemishes?
- Do you feel stress is contributing to your wrinkles and/or blemishes?
- Do you suntan regularly?
- Do you sunburn easily?
- Have you had many severe sun burns? If so, how many?
- Do you scar easily?
- Are you more prone to having oily or dry skin?
- How quickly do you expect your skin to change?
To schedule a skin analysis at Laser Lights Cosmetic Laser Center contact our office and visit our website. To stay up-to-date on the latest skin treatment news regularly check the Laser Lights blog.