Performed at our Duluth, GA medical office, north of Atlanta.
In addition to the most advanced laser treatments for skin conditions, Laser Lights Cosmetic Laser Center in Duluth also has a staff of licensed estheticians that perform an array of medicated and therapeutic facials. Our facials are designed to custom treat skin conditions such as acne, rosacea, dry skin, wrinkles, and hyperpigmentation. Using the information gathered during a pre-treatment skin analysis, our estheticians may recommend one of the following facials:
- Acne Facial- During acne facial treatment, a Laser Lights esthetician will apply a specialized cleanser that gently removes makeup and excess oils. A warm vapor mist is then sprayed over the treatment area to loosen any deeply lodged pore debris and allow the pore to become more receptive to medicated products. Any remaining pore blockages are then removed through extraction followed by a clarifying mask and light moisturizer to replenish beneficial skin moisture. Like all other Laser Light facials, the acne facial ends with the application of our protective mineral sunscreen.
- Anti-Aging Facial- Perfect for individuals just starting to notice fine lines and wrinkles around the nose, mouth, and eyes. During an anti-aging facial, the skin is first cleansed with our private label oxygenating cleanser to remove any surface debris. A custom combination of alpha and beta hydroxy (salicylic) acids is then applied with massage to induce skin cell rejuvenation and wrinkle reduction. The skin treatment concludes with the application of our sage and citrus moisturizer and a final protective layer of SPF is used to prevent photo damage to the newly rejuvenated skin cells. The AHA (alpha hydroxy acid) may induce peeling similar to that of a mild chemical peel with skin flushing that should subside shortly following treatment.
- European Facial-This one hour, relaxing treatment is the most gentle, yet comprehensive facial at Laser Lights—perfect for first time facial patients or those with sensitive skin. After using a gentle cleanser to remove dead skin and surface debris, our licensed estheticians will then apply our soothing papaya mask to calm inflamed pores and reduce redness associated with rosacea, allergies, or acne. Pore extractions may be performed after the mask is removed to eliminate any remaining skin irritants. This treatment ends with a protective application of soothing moisturizer and sunscreen.
- Men’s Facial- Specifically tailored for the unique needs of male skin, Laser Light’s men’s facial employs a specialty cleanser and massage treatment followed by the application of an aloe mask to reduce redness and irritation associated with shaving. The massage application method also works to relieve the muscle tension that repeated brow furrowing can cause. The men’s facial also includes comprehensive instruction on sun damage prevention and proper skin care to keep your rejuvenated skin young looking.
- Teen Facial- Educational and effective treatment during which our esthetician will instruct you/ your teen on how to properly cleanse skin and treat breakouts to avoid acne scarring. The treatment also involves a thorough facial cleansing, steam treatment to open pores, and extraction session to remove material from clogged pores. The treatment finishes with the application of a soothing mask to reduce redness from breakouts and an SPF to protect from sun damage or premature aging.
- Back Facial- Because the skin on our backs is constantly subjected to perspiration due to contact with clothing and/or hair, the back can break out just like the face without proper care (often called backne). The Laser Light’s back facial deep cleans the skin of the back with an invigorating scrub. Hot towel therapy is then used to open the pores on the back and facilitate pore debris extraction (if necessary). Depending on the skin conditions present, a light chemical peel may be used to remove the outer, dead layer of skin cells and rejuvenate the production of healthy skin cells.
The network of pores that span the surface of one’s skin act as a sort of respiratory system: facilitating the excretion of sweat and sebum (oil) that helps regulate body temperature and keeps the skin protected from harmful environmental particulates. Given the structure of a pore (tiny tube-like structures with oil glands at the base that open to the skin’s surface), they can become clogged and lead to inflamed pimples (acne) without proper exfoliation and oil removal.
Pore extraction is performed as part of many of Laser Lights’ non-laser skin treatments to maximize the impact of applied chemical peels or facials. If you persistently experience clogged pores and notice blackheads or whiteheads beginning to form, a Laser Light’s esthetician can perform pore extractions so that the blockage does not have an opportunity to advance.
During extraction, your esthetician may use manual or instrument-assisted techniques to remove the blockages from the pore and restore the integrity of the pore structure.